overrated

formerly known as "i make pretty pictures" because as a graphic designer, that is actually what some people think i do for a living, this blog will now be titled, "overrated" for a variety of reasons i do not feel like explaining. the focus will be somewhat eclectic, though sports, design, the arts and pop culture will be featured more and more. because these are the things that interest me.

Sunday, June 21

go ahead, cuss a blue streak in front of the kids

great article about the significance that kids attach to swear words when they are exposed to them as compared to not hearing them until their older. read it here, then go swear at a child. they'll thank you when they grow up.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:38 AM , Blogger Mike said...

    And all of a sudden there was a flourish of activity on Overrated! Exciting.

    And an interesting article. I do agree that profanity is often the realm of the unimaginative. I swear far more than I'd like to in my speech, yet use it sparingly in my writing, which I suspect is not unrelated to the fact that, in light of my career ambitions, I deem my writing a mode of communication where mediocre quality is not acceptable.

    Thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home