overrated

formerly known as "i make pretty pictures" because as a graphic designer, that is actually what some people think i do for a living, this blog will now be titled, "overrated" for a variety of reasons i do not feel like explaining. the focus will be somewhat eclectic, though sports, design, the arts and pop culture will be featured more and more. because these are the things that interest me.

Sunday, October 24

designthinkers

spent thursday and friday in downtown toronto attending designthinkers2004. i came away from it quite inspired and thrilled to be reminded that i design for a living and the potential that career can have. then i spent the next two days being depressed because my current job does not afford me (very often) the opportunity to be creative. so now what?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM , Blogger TimothyPilgrim said...

    Ha Ha

    How do you think I felt with a science degree working in IT customer support? It was fun and all, but wasn't my speciality.

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger pixiesparkle said...

    Find a volunteer opportunity with a lot of creative potential. And if it sucks, just drop them.

    I updated my template, and you're #1.. Feel special?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home